robot runaway
· Nov 11, 2003 at 2:04 pm

Microsoft still in left field?

Just finished reading quite an amusing article over at Mad Penguin entitled Opinion: Microsoft still in left field.

If you want to read a good article on how one person sees the differences between Microsoft and Linux, this is your link.

8-)

#software

humpy
humpy · Nov 18, 2003 at 12:47 pm

hehehehehe very interesting.

Like the last sentence..

Keep telling the masses that you are reinventing the future while you simply repackage the same products over and over again

And the worst thing is - people go out and buy the new MicroMooo software when it comes out thinking they are getting the latest technology (suckers).

This one’s good as well…..

between Windows 3.x and Windows XP. As you can see in this timeline, their ‘evolution’ took place over the period of eleven years.

So roughly you have a two year gap between new MicroMoo products even though they are just slight upgrade tweaks everytime. Then you have MicoMoo moaning that nasty people are writting virus and hacking into MicroMoo operating systems. Well if they were more pro-active and quicker developing better systems then the script kiddies would not have time to find new exploits (would they Mr. Bill).

Its often said that Linux is more secure than MicroMoo and overall it probably is. However, security is very much dependant on the person who sets-up the system….Linux can be very unsecure if you get it wrong (just a thought).

cheers
h*

robot runaway
robot runaway · Nov 19, 2003 at 5:02 pm

What’s even more bizarre is the number of people who use the latest/greatest from MS just so they can say, “Yeah, I just installed WinME” or “I just bought OfficeXP” ad nauseum. I guess mebbie they feel more like a socially connected, modern computing coolio er something.

I’m still using Win98SE and Word97 on the other box simply because they do everything I need them to do. The last thing I want is more wolf-in-sheeps and bells-n-whistles.

Please sign in to comment.

Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on Google+ Share on Reddit Share via Email

Latest #software

Jul 23rd, 2013 at 11:19:33 am

· Jul 23, 2013 at 11:19 am

I hate when I run out of Cmd-Z. #software

Jul 15th, 2013 at 10:09:21 am

· Jul 15, 2013 at 10:09 am

When I see stuff like "HttpFoundation, HttpKernel, Routing, EventDispatcher, […]

Thoughts: Google Keep and Evernote

· Mar 22, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Since I’m a nerd dork, I installed Google Keep on my Nexus and tinkered with it for a […]

RIP Opera Presto

· Feb 18, 2013 at 11:20 am

Presto Is Dead; Long Live Opera! | Webmonkey Opera software announced this morning […]

CSS3 Column Styles - Don’t Bother

· Feb 16, 2013 at 9:40 am

I had high hopes for at least the CSS3 Column styles being supported by the major and […]